This morning, 14/03/2021, around the hours of 8:30, fire gutted the office of st Oscar primary school located in Kajelo in the Kassena/Nankana west district. The office houses most of the school learning materials, Covid19 PPEs among other things.
The timely intervention of the Ghana fire service saved the day. This was reported by the assemblyman of the kajelo electoral areas, Hon. Hillary Aniakwo, who also rushed to the scene to ascertain the degree of damage caused by the fire.
Speaking with timbiagh, Hon. Hillary noted that the cause of the fire is still unknown and so far the degree of damage discovered is as follows;
1.Set of stuffing chairs
2. 7 boxes of USAID learning materials and textbooks fired.
3. Two curtains of chalk
4. Radio set
6. a set of school Jersey
7. the whole ceiling destroyed
8. Ceiling fan
9. Two curtains of detergents (Sanitizers, soap, tissue, camel deltol)
10. Two boxes of library books
11. Teaching and learning materials
He also noted that he will do well in connection with all stakeholders to help put things back in place to keep the school running.