Tragedy struck at the Climax Hotel in Pokuase, Greater Accra Region when 40-year-old Albert Agomavi was found dead in his hotel room after allegedly using an aphrodisiac to enhance his sexual performance with a young lady. According to sources close to the family, the deceased, who suffered from hypertension, had checked into the hotel with the lady at around 5 pm on May 4, 2022.
The hotel staff became alarmed when they heard the lady scream for help, and upon entering the room, found the man lifeless on the bed, with foam coming out of his mouth. The hotel manager, Kofi Sintim, notified the police of the situation at 9 pm that same day.
Upon arriving at the scene, the police, led by Detective Sergeant Sabutu Caesar, inspected the hotel room and examined the deceased’s body but found no visible signs of injury or trauma. However, they discovered an aphrodisiac medication known as Dragon Spray in the deceased’s pocket.
The family members of the deceased, including his father-in-law, a fire officer, arrived at the scene while the police were preparing the body for transport. It was discovered that the deceased had a pre-existing condition of hypertension, which may have contributed to his death.
It is believed that the use of sexual enhancement medication may have triggered a heart attack, leading to a tragic outcome. The police are awaiting the results of the autopsy to determine the exact cause of the death. Meanwhile, the lady has been detained to assist with the ongoing investigation.
This tragic incident serves as a reminder that men, particularly those with underlying health issues, should exercise caution when using aphrodisiacs or other sexual enhancement drugs. Such drugs may have adverse effects on the body, leading to fatal outcomes, as seen in this case. It is essential to prioritize one’s health and seek medical advice before taking any medication to enhance sexual performance.