The Vetting Committee tasked by the president of the Republic of Ghana, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo, to recommend suitable candidates for Metropolitan, Municipal, and District Chief Executive (MMDCE) positions has recommended Mr GERALD ATAOGYE be maintained as the District Chief Executive for kassena/Nankana west District.
In a press briefing, the Ministry of Information unveiled the long-awaited list of (MMDCEs). The press briefing came after a short notice issued by the Director of Communications at the Presidency, Eugene Arhin.
Under the leadership of Gerald in his first term as District Chief Executive officer, The Kassena-Nankana West District Assembly was adjudged first Out of the 15 Municipal and District Assemblies in the Upper East region and 10th out of 260 Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) nationally in the 2020 Annual Local Government Service Performance Contract.
Under his leadership as DCE, he executed the following projects, thus, earning him a second term in office.
- Construction of kassena-Nankana West Assembly complex
- Construction of 23 boreholes across the District
- Construction of 3 unit classroom at Nabio primary.
- Construction of Katiu health center
- Opening of Paga- Kayoro road
- Construction of 3 unit classroom block at Paga zenga
- Construction of 6 unit classroom block with office axillary at Paga R/C primary.
- Construction of 6 unit classroom block at Mirigu Akamo.
- Facilitated the construction of the Paga lorry park.
- Construction of 3 unit classroom block at Ayagitam primary.
- Construction of 3 unit classroom block at Paga Boania
- Construction of Nursery block at Paga Chania.
- Reshaped major roads throughout the District.
- Mechanize water pumps at Paga, Chiana, and Sirigu market for handwashing.
- Mapping all the communities for rural electrification
- Renovation of Tedam primary School
- Construction of 6 unit classroom block at Alembila primary at Nabango